Tuesday 22 April 2014

Norwegian wood

The boy slept well last night though unfortunately woke before six because I moved him. He'd managed to roll from his back to his side to his front. Right in the middle of our shared half of the bed!

This morning I enjoyed a sunny flip flopped walk through the woods to a Pilates class, without the boy who I left napping with his daddy. I walked back alone and felt a sense of peace and happy solitude.

I am home now with just the man and a napping child. It is hot and sunny. I can hear birds singing, distant traffic that could almost be a raging river across the valley, the gentle hum of the dishwasher (machine, not the man!!) and a ticking clock. I am contented and about to settle with my book and a nice cup of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely to see your thoughts.