Saturday 16 July 2016

The moments after waking

Well that was a better night. By far. My little (almost) 5 month old pumpkin actually slept. Back to normal, I am hoping.

She woke at 5am and played happily with the sheet for a bit, kicking her little legs and gurgling. I pretended to be asleep for a little longer, squinting at her through half closed eyes. Then I could see her staring at me and she lay still. As soon as I opened my eyes, she smiled and started kicking her legs again. My heart melted.

My son used to do the same thing. How quickly he has grown, almost 3 years now. He woke from his nap yesterday, confused, saying he wanted to go downstairs to daddy. I smiled and said "it's not morning, you've just woken from your nap". He laughed. Looked sheepish. I told him that tomorrow was Saturday and daddy would be home then. "Oooh, the weekend," he squealed, "We can go to a dinosaur museum and look at dinosaur bones!" Not this weekend, but I promised soon. I told him this was something we could do one day a good few weeks ago. And he remembered. He started telling me about the dinosaur round the corner that roared. I think it was a dream.

I love the moments just after waking the best, with my beautiful, sweet, quickly growing babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely to see your thoughts.