Thursday 23 September 2010

Improvements in time management

I've not written for ages. Been too busy to think - with loads of work, calling about placements, counsellors, supervisors, starting college again, back and forth between London and Reading, and oddly, Ruthin, the town of my ancestors. I've been busy, shattered and struggling a little with time management, but today I cracked it.

I've decided not to do more than three days a week work (except in exceptional circumstances); to commit Tues-Thurs evenings in Reading every week, as well as weekends where I can manage this; to book in time for college work and essay writing every week; and to book in time for writing - though 'writing' at the moment means 'reading'. I am researching bipolar and loving it.

I read something somewhere that really struck me, I think it was on the tea bag of a Yogi tea, you know those little messages they have on the paper at the end of the string. It said something like:

"To gain knowledge, you must read; to learn you must write; to understand you must teach."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely to see your thoughts.