Saturday 14 January 2012

How to make the future a good one

Just watched a video on TED. It's quite possibly the most inspiring video I have seen for a long time and it made me quite choked up, as well as making me laugh out loud many times.

It's about how education kills creativity, and it's about how essential creativity is for our futures and the future of our children - the future in which our children will be living. It choked me up because although some very wonderful teachers and adults positively encouraged me (especially my old English teacher, Mrs McDonnell), most killed me inside through moulding me into their vision of what the world needed. Not their fault and I am grateful for what they taught me - I am just sad about the part of me that was ignored, or at least, not watered and fed.

In the last few years my creativity has been released, somehow, and is growing stronger and more resilient. It makes me feel alive, eyes wide open and fully appreciative of everything in my world, from those I love, to a little cat crossing my path, to the shape of a puddle.

Anyway, I wanted to share this video by Ken Robinson with you, because it had a huge impact on me.

Particularly look out for his stories about the little girl drawing God, his son's nativity play and the man in the forest. They made me laugh so much. Click here.

Love to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely to see your thoughts.