Tuesday 24 July 2012

Passport

So my new passport has arrived, valid until mid 2023, a date that doesn't seem real.

Unlike my old passport, I look like a convict. Gone is the smiling face of my Williams passport and here is the stern face of my Shah passport. I do hope this isn't representative of my life!

I assumed with it's fangle dangle chip thingy, that the pages would be tear proof. If Aussies can make money that is tear-resistant, surely the UK passport people can make tear-resistant passport pages. It appears not.

Other than the photo, the obviously fake expiry date and the (now) torn page 5, I am in love with my new passport. It has sparkly wave and bird designs and then other birds in blue and grey, and dragonflies and fishes. It delights me. I was almost in rapture, but not quite there, when I notice the weather symbols. It would appear that new passports have weather symbols, one for each page, in the style of the BBC weather site and so far I have spotted snow, rain, sunshine, cloud, broken cloud with sunshine, thunder and hail or sleet (not sure of what the last one is).

I never imagined getting my passport would be so entertaining and interesting. I urge you all to check the hidden delights of yours, if you have a new one; and if you don't, yet, I wish you much happiness when you finally do!

(See Passport - more delights for more delights!)

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, fancy. We have to renew every five years here and I don't imagine they will shift to anything so nice.

    I look more like a sociopath than a convict in my picture. And slightly cross-eyed.

    ReplyDelete

Lovely to see your thoughts.