Wednesday 27 February 2013

Absence

I've been absent, I know, from writing, and I'm not sure why. Is it because I'm writing elsewhere and my writing capacity is limited? Is it because the cold, short February days are causing me to hibernate and so I have less time in the day for anything? Or is it simply because I am hibernating and I'm feeling apathetic and lethargic and just can't be bothered?

I feel slightly guilty and while I have nothing to say, I feel I ought to check in.

Aha. I realise. That's why I've been absent. I have nothing to say. I'm tired. I'm using my energy to fight the cold. I'm using my energy looking at houses, which takes a surprising amount of emotional energy while I try to imagine living in a space, how it would or, rather, how I would feel in this room or that room, for hours on end, sometimes on my own. Would it, could it, feel like home?

I'm hibernating. I'm digesting. I'm processing. I have nothing to say right now. And I'm okay. I'll have more to say soon, I am sure. Spring is coming.

1 comment:

  1. That's how I was feeling for alot of February. I started using my "happy light" and felt much better. I like winter cold and sunshiny, not damp and grey.

    ReplyDelete

Lovely to see your thoughts.