Thursday 5 September 2013

H&S gone mad

So we had our new lawnmower delivered just now (by whoever Argos uses as its delivery company) and I asked the man if he could kindly put it somewhere against the wall in our hallway (so I could close the front door) and he muttered something, leaned in and moved it about two inches. I asked again if he could move it in a bit and he said a bit louder "Not allowed..."

I'm able to open and shut the front door, but can barely squeeze past the damn thing to get in or out of the house or to get to our downstairs loo. 

I'm gobsmacked. So the health and safety of the delivery man (not being allowed to lift the lawnmower in my home) is clearly of greater importance than a heavily pregnant customer? Where have manners and consideration got to in all this?

I suppose I ought to be grateful that we have a back door (in the event of fire or other emergency) and that we have an upstairs loo - that'll make me marginally fitter...

[Cross pregnant woman]

---

Update - apparently it's for insurance purposes, not H&S, that they're not allowed to be helpful...

1 comment:

  1. Utterly stupid... It is difficult to believe that people behave like this! Me, xx

    ReplyDelete

Lovely to see your thoughts.