Monday 24 November 2014

A wonderful day in the world of motherhood

While I was running the bath, someone climbed/escaped all the way downstairs again and locked both stair gates (top and bottom) behind him, thus preventing him being able to climb back up again. Result: extreme whimpering.

To be fair though, there has been a lot of whimpering today. Reasons: I put him on the floor so I could turn a light on; I tried to put the 'wrong' bib on him (he wanted the orange one); I tried putting him in his highchair while the wrong bib was in front of him (instead of the orange one); I tried offering him potato when he wanted an olive; I put him on the floor (next to me) so I could go to the toilet; he couldn't put my belt on him; he couldn't undo my belt; he couldn't do his zip up; he couldn't undo his buttons; he couldn't put his socks back on after he took them off; he sprayed himself in the face with cold hose water; he ate too much soil.

There was also a lot of giggling: I put wellies on him; he found the hose; there was water coming out of the hose; rough play (me chucking him around); singing; dancing; playing the tambourine; a new monster glove puppet book I found in a charity shop; me pretending to sleep then waking suddenly to roar at him.

He's also been practicing all his words: banana, clock, mama (lots, especially when he sprayed himself in the face with cold water), dada and pop. He's also been practicing his signs for 'aeroplane' and 'things that go round' (fan, helicopter, cassette tape), waving for hello and goodbye...and, I think, 'more'.

It has been a lovely day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely to see your thoughts.