Tuesday 27 January 2015

Behavioural changes

The boy was a little better today after a bad night (of waking every half hour to hour), but seems to not want to go to sleep at all this evening. He climbed off his bed and opened his door. As he clearly wasn't sleeping, I brought him downstairs again.

Wanted me to put on the signing DVD. Wanted to learn more, I think. He was very excited about learning 'horse' today. I said no, too late. He pottered around a bit and ate some food (biscuit and cheesy breadstick), but refused milk. Didn't want it at bedtime and has refused it since. Last night he sometimes asked for it and then cried other times when he wanted it. I'm assuming it's teeth again as he's been biting hard on my fingers. I keep telling him everything will be better once those teeth are all through...that the pain is temporary and won't be forever.

Anyway, then he kept telling me he could hear an aeroplane (through signing) and then about half a minute later, I could hear too. Such acute hearing! He just wanted to sit on my lap and stare into my eyes - rather unnerving - then he'd give the odd smile, half sided smile, just on the left, which he's started doing in the last few days. Sometimes he'd giggle. Sometimes he'd start chatting and telling me stuff, and I'd apologise and say I couldn't understand him. He'd stare intently and smile a gentle little smile, giving me a hug as if to say "Never mind, maybe one day you will." Then he was pointing at the door at saying brrm brrm. Two minutes later the man arrived home (10 minutes early). Quite incredible.

Anyway, he's been very affectionate this evening and given us both lots of cuddles with arms flung around our necks. We are hungry and tired and the man is now trying to rock the boy to sleep. Fingers crossed...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely to see your thoughts.