Tuesday 5 January 2016

I love you!

A momentous day yesterday.

We were singing the wheels on the bus and had got to the verse about the mummies on the bus. My little 2 years, 3 month old son immediately put his fingers to his lips and said "shhh" (the mummies on the bus go shh, shh, shh). I said, "No, this mummy says I love you".

He smiled at me, said "I love you" and then climbed on top of me for a huge body hug.

It's been tough, now 35 weeks pregnant, with a relative non sleeper who is extremely bright and lively and likes to jump up and down on my belly (though he does also kiss it and give baby sister cars and toys to play with), but it is moments like this that make everything worth everything as my heart just melts into a big pool of squishiness.

And he finally has all his teeth and has just decided to sleep all night in his own room...well, until 3am, which feels like all night. Milestones of a toddler...

Happy mama.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely to see your thoughts.