Tuesday 24 July 2018

A new light shines bright

I never understood all the parent posts about their kids going to school and found all the photos of them in their uniform tedious, but that's life. You don't get it often until you're in it. I feel so sad about the end of an era. It's different to the ends of my own eras, house moves, job moves, leaving London, leaving Hong Kong, spending time in Croatia. It's different because I'm holding my own mixed emotions as well as my son's. I feel like I'm holding a little boy's world in the palm of my hand and the centre of my heart, and right now it feels fragile to him, so I have to hold so gently to keep it intact. I can't take away his sadness, just hold him until the sadness passes...and help him through to the excitement of something new. The first light of my life is starting to light his own way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely to see your thoughts.