Wednesday 18 July 2018

Sadness all round

Today was the last full normal day of nursery for my son. He has a party day and a short ending early day next week. This was our last full week of nursery.

He couldn't fall asleep for ages tonight. He finally whispered that he was sad he wouldn't be going to school with his friends. That he wanted to stay where he's been at nursery. He didn't want to go somewhere new. His heart opened and he cried his eyes out. His grief is real and there is no cheering him up with platitudes. It is just something he needs to feel and get through and wait until he feels ok. He just needs to wait until he feels as at home at his new school.

I hear his sadness because I'm sad too. I will miss our lovely cycling route and the "weeeeeeeee" of the two lovely downhill sections first thing in the morning. I will miss the trees and the squirrels and the pigeons that seem so familiar now. I will miss the familiar faces of parents and teachers. I will miss chatting and walking with my friends. I feel sad too.

As I said to my boy, the depth of his sadness shows how happy he has been with this very large part of his life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely to see your thoughts.