Saturday 27 February 2010

Fairy lights

Fairy lights never fail to make a home feel like a home. Them and plants.

I have managed to achieve the following today:
  • Clothes washing (two loads) - very important
  • Food shopping - lots of vegetables (including some odd mushrooms the same as I ate on my last night in Reading and something I think is an aubergine), noodles and fruit
  • Fairy lights (through visitation of friends and a temporary loan)
  • Identification of suitable Tai Chi classes and emailing of relevant person to inform them of my attendance next week
  • Finding of a Catholic Church - so that my Mama knows I am safe (handily around the corner, so didn't take too much effort)
  • Ascertaining that there is a good running route nearby - just need to run it now
  • Watering plants and removing dead bits
  • Tried to have a conversation with the old lady in the lift - neither of us spoke each other's language, but it was fun and she smiled a lot
Mistakes I made today:
  • Apologised to reflection of self when I walked into it
  • Almost left my friends' flat without my shoes - I much prefer walking barefoot
  • Read my future flatmate's instructions on how to use the shower after using it - now need to find the absolute correct place for the tap to be in order for it to remain at a constant and bearable temperature
  • Burned a piece of toast
All in all, it's been a good day. I am content.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely to see your thoughts.