Saturday 8 May 2010

Hong Kong holiday

My Hong Kong holiday started yesterday. I rode the trams, went for a dim sum lunch in Quarry Bay and spent a good few hours sitting absently in an exhibition, listening, watching, feeling and taking photos.

In the evening, I went out for drinks with my delightful housemate and his girlfriend and parents - from Padova - and I was reminded of my own family in Padova and Zagreb. Last night, as with my own family, so frequently there are multiple languages being spoken and half the conversation is translation rather than new material. It makes me happy. Communication takes on a whole new meaning.

Today he arrives and I shall not work for a whole 10 days. The sky is a quilt of sheep, with the odd flash of sunshine, but it is warm and dry and I am happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely to see your thoughts.