Friday 30 September 2011

Ow

I already had a one-hour run scheduled for this evening with my friend, so thought I'd go for a gentle ramble with my man for a couple of hours beforehand, given the weather is absolutely glorious, especially for almost-October. The problem is, 'we' got a little lost. 'Our' GPS mini bike-computer thing, wasn't very good at estimating distance. I had to stop taking photos, stop picking blackberries and get a power-walk going for the last 45 minutes. I was shattered by the time we got into the car, though we managed to be only 20 minutes late returning for my run.

I ate a very calorific chocolate bar and then headed straight back out convinced I'd be fine! I 'ran' while chatting all the way (lungs were fine), though I had to slow down and walk many more times than usual as my legs protested noisily. No, it wasn't my lungs that were the problem. It was most definitely the legs. And I am now typing this into my blog, because my legs are talking to me, telling me how much they hurt. I wish they would suffer in silence. I suspect they might be happier if I resort to granny-posture and raise my feet up on a cushion in front of me.

Maybe I'll go do that right now. Yes. Off I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely to see your thoughts.