Tuesday 24 April 2012

Head down

As I typed the title of this, it occurred to me that it might refer to the approach of birth time, but this is not the case and apologies to anyone who might be DYING for a new baby in their lives - I shall not be providing that particular service at this time.

No, on this occasion it refers to study time. I am busy learning all about the theory of driving and it's really very interesting! I am loving it. Most of it is common sense and really rather obvious, thankfully, but other stuff I knew nothing about!

"In wet conditions your car can aquaplane. This means the tyres have lifted off the surface of the road and are skating on the surface of the water. If your steering suddenly becomes very light, while driving on a wet road, this is a sign that your are aquaplaning. To correct it ease off the accelerator and allow the tyres to regain grip."   [With thanks to Driving Test Success]

I wonder if Jesus was aquaplaning when He walked on water. Perhaps He was accelerating so fast that He obtained lift off.

Anyway, it made me chuckle rather a lot. I must find a use for the word 'aquaplaning' in everyday language. It's a good one.


I am also studying codependency and addictions, about which I shall post more another day, when my thoughts have been collected and turned into words rather than fluffy bits of wool.

Love to you all and hope you're enjoying this rather fickle April weather more than I am!!

1 comment:

Lovely to see your thoughts.