Thursday 12 April 2012

Jelly for brains

Sitting in the cafe in Highgate Woods, I just heard a small child tell his mother that our brains are softer than jelly. I have always imagined mine to be more like a walnut and the idea of it being as soft as jelly disconcerts me. I feel quite vulnerable now and am suddenly aware of how thin my skull really is in the big scheme of things.

I am also wondering how long it will take until the staff notice me and give me some tea. I don't mind being ignored today. It's quite nice actually, but I remain mildly curious and am experiencing an unexpected sort of satisfaction at being able to sit at this lovely table in this lovely cafe without having to order anything. I might even be cheeky in a bit and get my own drink out of my bag...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely to see your thoughts.