Saturday 16 June 2012

Art installation

So I was in the ladies in the Tate Modern and I noticed this butterfly.

I stared a while, assuming he was an intricate installation, then I got curious and gently touched his antennae. They moved ever so slightly. Then I touched a foot and he hopped back a tiny bit. I couldn't work out if he was real or not, unsure how good art can be. Eventually, after noticing a wing was damaged quite badly, I decided that I didn't care if I'd got it wrong and he was make believe, I had to tell someone. I couldn't bear the idea of him dying in a toilet rather than free in nature or on a leaf. It turned out that he'd escaped from an installation and someone was sent in to retrieve him.

I felt relief that he was rescued, but now I can't help wondering if I did the right thing. Either way, I'm glad he didn't stay in the toilets and I'm glad I saw him and noticed the life in him.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely to see your thoughts.