Sunday 16 September 2012

I'm well 'ard

Well I did it! I managed the 'easy' ride in Ruthin - 29km riding with over 1km climbing. It was difficult and I had to walk in some places - mainly uphill, but one short downhill too which was mainly grass and bracken underfoot, with brambles to my right and gorse to my left. I didn't feel too bad when I got back, but there were times my morale dipped on the way!

It took me three hours, 17 mins and 44 seconds. My lovely man did the easy ride with me and stayed mainly by my side or behind me to encourage me and occasionally share delight at the amazing views. He didn't join in, however, when I baa-ed at the sheep or quacked at the ducks.

The start of the route was in Ruthin and we climbed up the long road to the highest carpark near Moel Famau. I was properly impressed with myself having never thought I'd be able to do what I saw others do!

It constantly amazes me what I am capable of when I try things I think I cannot do. I think it's physical achievements more than others that really push my boundaries, because my down points, I always see, are all psychological.

Of course most people there would have beat me, but the fact that I did it makes me beam...in a slightly tired and achey way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely to see your thoughts.