Tuesday 9 October 2012

Power and confidence

The days are drawing in. I love the oranges and yellows carpeting the ground. I love the crispness in the air. I love the darkness of the evenings and feeling cosy in our home. Despite this, I am aware of a creeping something that makes me uncertain. I know what it is, because it happens every year. It's the days drawing in. It's the lack of light impacting how my brain functions.

I know how to cope with it these days - my SAD lamp, taking chances, saying 'yes' to things when I'd rather stay home, exercising, being outside as much as possible, not eating too much, being nice to myself, treating myself and making sure I have enough sleep. It's also about reminding myself that any low points are all just a trick of the light and will disappear in spring when the days begin to get longer again. It's all good, actually.

As part of this process of remembering, I also read and watch things that might teach me more about how to feel positive about myself in the timeframe between October and spring. One of these things is a very interesting video on power and confidence and the value of body language.

The woman talks about how powerful body language impacts not only how others see and judge us, but how we feel inside and about how we judge ourselves. Very interesting. You can see the video here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely to see your thoughts.