Sunday 14 October 2012

Thanks to my chicks

Had the most wonderful weekend with my ladies in the Cotswolds at a gorgeous water park, with wooden lodges and views over the verandah to the lakes. Pitch black at night, with amazing views of the stars and the milky way.

We started with some initially hilarious attempts at tandem cycling, which ended rather successfully I thought - my friend Sarah and I are certainly more attuned to one another after our efforts and know much more about each others' starting and free wheeling positions! After hours of bright, clear sunshine, we were attacked at the end of our ride by hail, and finally headed home for some well-earned cups of tea and snacks, followed by afternoon snooze time in the returning sunshine.

'We' (my lovely companions) made a wonderful dinner of veggie risotto (courgette and sweet potato), with lemon and garlic prawns and steak. Afters were meringue with strawberries, topped with grated dark chocolate.

The evening brought chill out time, with films, games and a face mask, made by my sister, of cucumber, some kind of plant she had picked, lemon juice and jelly - smothered on, we looked like leprotic zombies staggering around the lodge.

Sunday started with an hour of yoga in the glorious sunshine, with views of the mist on the lakes and all around us, like diamonds filling the air. In line with our cleansed yogic minds, we made a full English breakfast (yummy bacon!), went for a short ramble around the fields and lakes to work off a tiny portion of the fat we had consumed, then returned home to eat a full roast chicken and roast salmon lunch.

All in all, a weekend of absolute pleasure and enjoyment, with some wonderful women who have shared my life from my childhood through to now, and have been with me through a colourful range of experiences and adventures. Wonderful to be together for the first time in years with no man distractions and no little people distractions - just time together to reflect, chat and (mainly) laugh a lot. Must never forget the value and importance of taking time out to be with those who love and understand me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely to see your thoughts.