Friday 7 February 2014

Morning meditation

My work is done and I feel human again.

I got up at 6.30am this morning so I could have a shower before the man left for work. This might sound hideous to those without kids (as it would have done for me before the boy arrived!), but for me, now, it was heaven. The lights off and candles burning next to my new fern, I showered in a warm steamy room with my favourite lavender and geranium shower gel. It was a meditation in itself.

Now that my work is done and I am calmer again, my boy is calmer and we both slept soundly. I realise that taking time out at the start of the day for peace, to empty my mind and set myself up for the day ahead, is more important than an extra half hour sleep. For my own and my boy's happiness (and for marital bliss!) I need to take time out for my mind.

Today has started well and I am contented.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely to see your thoughts.