Monday 22 September 2014

An evening of comedy

Usually he poos once a day, early afternoon, before his afternoon nap. Today he did three and the third was just before bath time and I wasn't expecting it.

You have to understand that he *never* poos around bath time. Not since his second bath when he was just over a month old and pooed in his towel - that dribbly newborn poo that is bright yellow and trickles everywhere, so it dribbled down me and onto the carpet. Anyway, since then, he never poos around bath time. Except today, the bath beautifully bubbly and warm, all set up for a nice cosy wash, I took his clothes off while he stood next to the bath, and he held his arms in the air for me to pull off his top, and stepped out of his trousers once I'd pulled them down...and then as I took off his nappy, I saw a big brown lump stuck in his bottom...as I realised the only thing to do would be to remove it with my hands and put it in the toilet...my left hand up to the task (now covered in poo) my right hand rescuing the nappy he was about the throw into the bath...I somehow (did I have a third hand somewhere??) managed to wash my left hand while holding the nappy in my right, ran to the bedroom, chucked the nappy in the bucket, grabbed some wet wipes and a nappy bag and wiped the rest of the poo off his bottom before it managed to spread anywhere/everywhere, like the pink stuff in the Cat in the Hat Comes Back (I think it's that one)...success! Only to find he'd thrown his towel into the bath.

He's now asleep and I'm almost done. Just have to clean poo out of the sink, retrieve the wet towel from the bathroom, put all today's snot covered clothes into the laundry basket (because wiping his nose on me or him is better than in a tissue, despite my best efforts at explaining that tissue use would mean more mama-baby time, because I'd spend less time cleaning everything else).

And, very soon, a well-deserved cup of tea.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely to see your thoughts.