Tuesday 5 December 2017

Cycle lovers

We get lots of comments, from adults and older kids mostly, about how speedy the four year old boy is on his red bike. I feel so proud of him and his efforts and I delight in his joy of cycling and racing along, especially his love of off-roading.

Now the 21 month old girlie is getting fast too - I have to trot to keep up. Yesterday she escaped out the school gates in the time it took to put the boy's bike lights on. Thankfully I got her in time. Today I tied her bike up with a bungy rope until the boy and I were ready to leave. Foiled her completely.  Relief for mama!

She's doing well. Experimenting with different terrains, dirt, leaves, stones. She's also trying out hills and curbs. Head over handlebars at a particularly large curb, so she then spent about 15 minutes practicing getting off her bike to lift it up and down large curbs. She's loving the freedom and the speed.

Two joys of my heart, watching them do stuff they love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely to see your thoughts.