Friday 8 October 2010

Bringing you sunshine

Today, for some inexplicable reason, I feel it's my purpose to bring you sunshine. I am not God, or a god, even, so I can't literally bring you sunshine, but I can make you feel warm and cosy inside, as if it was sunny. I'm not sure how to do this, I only know that I want to, so I am going to start with smiling. Can you imagine that? Me smiling. I am smiling at you. My eyes are looking at you, watching you carefully, to see how you're feeling. I think I see the corners of your eyes begin to crinkle. Now don't worry, it's not the sign of aging crinkle, it's the sign of a life well lived crinkle, a life full of laughter crinkle. These are good crinkles. I love them. I find them very attractive. The minute I see your eye crinkles, I know you laugh and this makes you attractive. I see the corner of your mouth start to turn up, you look a little bemused. You start to smile. The world begins to look brighter as if it was sunnier. You are aware of this and not sure how it has happened, but as you notice this, your heart begins to lift. You can feel a fuzzy warmth in your heart, kind of a like a cute little furry animal curled up in there...oh but stop, don't worry, not like furring of the arteries, not that kind of fur, no, more the fur that keeps you warm and cosy, the fur that is important for life and is there to be stroked and loved. That kind of fur. And if you don't like the idea of fur in your heart, scrap that idea. Go back to the sunshine idea. Imagine sunshine in your heart. Imagine it expanding to fill your world. Your world is now full of sunshine which will remain with you all day. So, throughout the day (and the weekend too if your memory is good enough), every time anything gets you down, just remember the sunshine in your heart and remember me sitting next to you, looking into your eyes and liking the smile I see.

2 comments:

  1. It must be working - my study is nice and sunny. I am off work today just enjoying the day. Yay!

    -Rosey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're sunny and smiling. Keep at it lady! xx

    ReplyDelete

Lovely to see your thoughts.