Thursday 28 October 2010

Movement

Not talking bowels here, they're fine thank you. Talking life progress. Today I was offered a voluntary counselling placement in Wokingham, a short train ride from Reading. It's a lovely area and very easy to get to. I  have to do undertake a six-week induction there (effectively) and then I have a two-hour slot in Woodley every Wednesday evening. I am so happy. :-)

When they asked me about working in their Reading-based clinics I said that I used public transport and they immediately decided it would be impossible for me to work from those locations. Honestly, I think it would be about a half-hour cycle ride. They were shocked, not being used to anyone travelling anywhere other than by car. Well, perhaps there are some advantaged of having lived the last 10 years of my life in London - you get used to life without a car. Guess I'll have to buy a bike in January then.

So, I am starting to sort a few things out and it feels good. Now back down to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely to see your thoughts.