Monday 25 October 2010

Slackness

Not talking slackness of jowls due to aging here, as you might think. I'm not that old thank you very much, though I did notice that when I hang my head upside down the flesh accumulates under my eyes and makes me look like I'm about 60 years old. That was rather depressing so I shan't be experimenting with that look again.

No, I'm talking about slackness of posting. I have been slack. I apologise. I'm not very exciting right now.

Well, I've been running once a week for the last month - one hour, covering 5-6 miles in the time, which I am fairly proud of. I've also been mountain biking the weekend just gone - two hours, covering just over 8 miles - and that was wicked fun. Scary and I didn't quite manage to making it up again from a steep downhill into a muddy ditch. I also got mud in my eyes and was wearing a mud goatee for a bit (unbeknown to me at the time). Topped off with a Berkshire Cornish pasty and I was well happy. :-)

I've also got back into the social circle and have actually started to make dates with friends again. I guess this must mean I am feeling more settled. Either that or a little stir crazy. I feel the need to start implementing. In the language of my therapy training, I have left the fertile void of nothingness and I am now ready for action.

If anyone knows of a non-dysfunctional easy-going flatshare in Reading, please let me know! I can't be doing with squabbles over bills or washing up. I want easy, cup of tea? thank you very much! night night then, type of flatshare. The odd bit of fun is fine, but to be honest, I'd rather boring over fun for my homelife. For me fun is cycling and running and watching funny stuff on the big black box from time to time. For me fun is chatting for hours or having the odd dinner party. For me, fun is being creative with buttons and dye. Goodness, bring on the slack jowls, I'm clearly ready for them...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely to see your thoughts.