Wednesday 24 August 2011

Clothing customisation

In the vein of saving money AND having new clothing, I've started to customise some old items.

My first was was a top, pretty colours and nice around the neckline, but too wide at the bottom. I pinched it in about 10 or so times around the hem, sewing in tiny little pleats. Looks much better now. The second was a top that I turned into a skirt. See purple skirt shown in the photo below. The black top in this photo, incidentally, was a relatively new top with a hole in it caused by a lovely dog called Boris, as he excitedly jumped up on me to say hello. He also left an entertaining stripe of what turned into scabs. Anyway, I mended this hole too, so the outfit below feels COMPLETELY new.


The fourth was a cardigan which I've had for years and have to periodically sew up all the seams as they split. All its buttons had somehow fallen off too. I sewed it back together again and added on these buttons. They're translucent but slightly coloured around the rim. A nice contrast I thought and you can just about see the different colours.



That was my evening's entertainment yesterday. :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely to see your thoughts.