Tuesday 8 November 2011

The answer

That was pretty nasty! I spent Sunday night from about midnight to 8am vomiting on the hour. I felt as if someone had reached inside my tummy and was twisting it around and squeezing it in their enormous fist. In between pain and vomiting, I just felt nauseous and unable to sleep.

By 8am the nausea had ceased and I began to realise that I was going to live - I don't deal very well with nausea! I slept solidly until about half twelve, whereupon I was woken by my lovely man returning from work to check on me, make me up another bottle of rehydration drink and have his lunch. I then slept for another five hours or so and woke 'ravenous', so I consumed a banana (in two halves, one hour apart and cut into little slices). Finally, my lovely man arrived home for the evening and fed me one grated apple (allowed to brown for maximum benefit) and some plain rice with salt, boiled with one garlic clove (to obtain benefit from its anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties). I slept again until just gone 7am.

Now usually I wake up groggy and sleepy. Today I woke slightly weak but with no fog of the mind at all! I felt rested, relatively cheery and hungry. Clearly this is the answer - 20 hours sleep only waking for small talk and food. No wonder babies are such happy little creatures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely to see your thoughts.