Tuesday 8 November 2011

Water

I've been sick, a minor irritation in the big scheme of world sickness, but nevertheless, I was sick. I couldn't eat food or even drink just a sip water and keep it down. Now, as I drain a full glass of clean, fresh water, I appreciate the flavour, the texture, the sensation of coolness that flows down my gullet. It is delicious and I am aware, again, of how wonderful this fluid is.

I've been sick, as you know, and not left my home in two days. A minor irritation in the big scheme of world imprisonment, but nevertheless, I've been stuck indoors. Today, when I went outside for the first time, it was dark and a gentle mist-like rain fell from above. The delicious sensation of the droplets landing on my skin and my eyelashes is indescribable in its beauty and in the delight that coursed through my veins, and again, I am aware of how lucky I am that I have a life in which water is so freely available to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely to see your thoughts.