Friday 24 January 2014

Arthritis

Well, the arthritis is getting better, with (sorry if too much information), post-pregnancy poo stoppages also improving simultaneously, along with the eczema on my hands. There are four things I am doing, so not sure which is helping, but out of interest they are:

1) Dietary change - no fatty meats, lots of fish, lots of whole grains, no refined sugars including no fruit juice, lots of fruit and veggies, with the exception of cutting out aubergine, tomatoes, spinach and citrus fruits - though I've been doing this a while with only minor relief
2) Lots of nettle tea
3) Acupuncture
4) Cutting out the anti-inflammatories and instead taking a very low dose of steroids for the two weeks prior to my appointment with the rheumatology department because they're (finally) worried about permanent join damage (why only now, I ask??)

Anyway, either way, something has helped. The acupuncture helped dramatically with the post-pregnancy poo stoppages and with muscle pain. Either acupuncture or nettle tea helped with the eczema. No idea what has helped with the arthritis, but it is easing and I am counting my blessings in every way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely to see your thoughts.