Friday 24 January 2014

Baby massage

Baby boy had his first baby massage session and seemed to quite enjoy it, though I think it may have been a little too soothing for him - think he prefers more fun and activity. He seemed more interested in staring at other people, examining fabric prints (a recent fascination), trying to grab hold of and read the baby massage handout (he's terribly advanced don't you know, trying to read at four months), and trying to work out the rain makers that were placed around the room to help with tummy time.

I realise that I've been inadvertently doing lots of the baby massage techniques anyway, possibly instinctively adapting them from the adult massage I know how to do. Either way, the ones I do at home more often he seemed to enjoy more, and I shall definitely be doing more of this as a 'thing to do' with him when we have lots of awake time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely to see your thoughts.