Tuesday 28 January 2014

Yoga

Just got back from mother and baby yoga and I loved it!

A large church hall, with vast windows overlooking an old cemetery, rambling ivy, crumbling headstones and sunshine streaming onto the floorboards. I did yoga with baby boy lying next to me, with baby boy underneath me, beaming and chattering, and with baby boy in my arms, being swung around with a slightly startled expression on his face.

All in all, I've decided I like mother and baby yoga. I realised I am just as bendy, strong and flexible as other people, despite being a bit stiffer and less fit than I used to be. It's all stuff I could do at home, but the drive there helps him to sleep and then he's awake and happy for an hour and then the drive home helps him to sleep and hopefully knocks him out for his long afternoon nap. The mothers apparently go for cups of tea afterwards, but I decided to come home this time, to my own mama and a yummy chicken roast.

I'm definitely signing up for the next course that starts end of February. A happy chilled out mama and a happy chilled out baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely to see your thoughts.