Sunday 26 January 2014

Numbers

Yesterday I did my first run since pre-pregnancy and I managed 40 minutes quite easily, through park land, woodland and heath, a beautiful route and a definite zone for further exploration.

Today our boy is exactly four months old. This time, four months ago, I was lying in a bed, with a hormone drip, an antibiotic drip and a saline drip, unfeeling from epidural and waiting to meet my little boy, whose face I had not yet seen.

Today I took him for his second swim and looked into the little face that is now almost as familiar as my own. Although still not quite loving it, he was more active this time, kicking his fat little legs while I propelled him forwards, first on his tummy, then on his back, and he was lifted in and out of the jacuzzi in a splishy-splashy way. I even managed to swim four grown-up lengths, while the man splish-splashed with the boy in the jacuzzi.

He doesn't seem to mind the water in his face and, again, when we showered, he turned his face into the stream of hot water, the droplets trickling down his face and resting on his long dark eyelashes.

We finished off our day of rest by taking the boy's Bakica (my Mama) for a pizza, chocolate fudge cake and tea, three generations in one space, though the littlest slept happily through our yummy adult meal.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely to see your thoughts.