Friday 25 July 2014

End of the food strike

So he's not been eating. Nothing at all for days, except maybe the odd (Organix) carrot stick (like a non-cheesy healthy carrot wotsit) and the yoghurt of yester-evening.

Today he did the mother of all poos this morning, followed, throughout the day, by another three. He has also been dribbling snot everywhere. And clingy, cuddling and wanting to be held (and wiping his snot on me) all day.

Breakfast was breastmilk and butter (licked off his toast).

His lunch was breastmilk and licking the olive oil and dried rosemary off a very long handled wooden spoon (used to cook mushrooms and courgettes), then playing with it and waving it precariously close to Bakica's face. She was alarmed.

He seemed to cheer up a little when I placed him in front of a dried apricot. This evening - information which I am sure is dull for most, but exciting for me - he ate more yoghurt (almost three tablespoons full), dried apricot, courgette, tomato, pineapple and apple. He was happy. I was very happy. My boy is back to normal, for at least one meal.

He ate, he played peekaboo behind his favourite green cowboy cushion, he wriggled, he smiled, he happily had his bath and stood up to climb out once he'd had enough, wasn't too irate with the nappy putting on (though tried to take off his short sleeved vest - essential to prevent removal of velco-tabbed nappy), he chose his three books of the evening and practiced turning pages one by one (without my assistance and brrrm brrrmed me if I attempted to assist), happily let me turn out the light (night night to the tractor book, the lion book and the weather book), fed and fell asleep. It's been a wonderfully easy evening.

I hope it predicts the night.

My only sadness is that our new friends are leaving on Sunday and so tomorrow is our last day of fun and playtime with them - hopefully it won't thunder ALL day (the current forecast for tomorrow).

Now it is time for me to drink my tea and go to bed...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely to see your thoughts.