Thursday 24 July 2014

My well of peace

Let's start with the lows (always good to end on a positive note):

- Boy fed lots overnight and left me feeling rather weary
- Boy was restless all night, crawled over to me and slept on me quite a lot, preventing a toilet pit-stop for about an hour
- Woke very early (boy woke me up)
- Had only five minutes nap time today (for me)
- Both the boy's naps were in the sling
- We only managed one swim - boy too tired and cranky to go to second swim
- Boy wouldn't eat breakfast or lunch
- Boy took ages to fall asleep and fell asleep finally on my shoulder, and I had to attempt extrication twice before I could leave

Highs of the day:

- Boy's excessive feeding will either (a) allow me to eat more chocolate and spek or (b) trim my thighs and tummy or (c) both 'a' and 'b', if I'm lucky
- Prevention of wee pit-stop will strengthen my pelvic floor muscles
- Boy woke me smiling, as he always does
- Five minutes nap left me feeling more able to cope with the day
- It was lovely to have my boy snuggled against me for his first nap and it gave me time to sort through my photos on my camera, and for his second nap I was able to decant him and have lunch very peacefully with my mama
- My lovely new friend looked after the boy so I could have a delicious cool swim in the calm waters
- The boy's new friend came with his mama to play in the garden and both (slightly cranky) babies were happier
- Boy ate an enormous amount of yoghurt for his dinner, plus one 'Organix' carrot stick - and his lack of food for the first two meals meant that he breastfed more (with the same result as my first positive point)
- Now that I no longer try to get my boy to sleep and just enjoy his snuggling and pre-sleep staggering, I love the going to bed process - it is such a short period of his life and I have nothing better to do with my evenings right now! And, during his snuggling and falling asleep on my shoulder, I was able to do some of my core exercises to strengthen my tummy, which will help prevent back pain.

I have just enjoyed a lovely shower and hair wash, eaten the second half of my dinner in peace (albeit in darkness) and have had time to write this.

By writing about the same things in both lists, my point (made in a possibly slightly monotonous manner), is that everything can be seen as good or bad. Going back to my post of a previous day, if I cannot find peace in my own life, how can I expect our world leaders to find peace on a larger scale, without being hugely hypocritical?

Today I have found a lovely deep well of peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely to see your thoughts.