Friday 22 January 2010

Plant distribution

Another important issue: the distribution of my babies - no pressure here.

Sheena is taking my 10 year old peace lily (Lily) and my seven year old money tree (nameless). A random trailing one (also nameless) that I rescued from an office years ago is now going to trail over my current office's cupboards (not that they know yet) and two are going home to try and survive my parents' neglectful behaviour.

These last two used to be Raul the yucca (singular) that I rescued from their back garden 10 years ago. Raul became three when he started to rot from the inside out, so I renamed his new three parts as God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit. Jesus died a year or so ago and came back to life for Easter of that year, before departing for good. God and the Holy Spirit are still going strong. They have lasted (in one form or another) around 20 years now, at least. I am sure they will survive eight months.

2 comments:

  1. Ah. That would be my yucca which I took to uni with me. Didn't realise it was still around. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hm. Yes. Now my yucca. After you abandoned him, I rescued him from near death and cared for him. If there are still two of him (not it!) in October, you may have one if you like. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Lovely to see your thoughts.