Wednesday 27 January 2010

QOO

I am Queen of Organising. QOO.

I have changed all my addresses. I have created online accounts for everything I can create them for. I have transferred money to wherever it is needed (I am about to do this, but everyone knows time is not really linear, so it's as good as done). I have packed most stuff to store for eight months in Salford; special items for eight months in Chester; other special items in Reading; clothes for warm weather for the next eight months in my big red suitcase; and clothes for -16 type weather in Berlin in a different smaller suitcase.

I have found temporary homes for plants, teapots, hula hoops and wooden Buddhas all over London. I have created a little folder thing in gmail called WHO HAS MY STUFF? to remind me where half my belongings are when I come home again. I will remember (for example) that I am not giving my much loved (and long coveted) 10-year old bright yellow secondhand cardi to my sister, just lending it to her. Sister to note that this is here in writing - lent, not gave.

I have pretty much finished up all things at work, with a few minor bits and bobs to finish off tomorrow. With Auntie Ailsa's funeral on Friday, I have had to squish things up somehow and do it all in one day less. How do I manage to make things fit exactly into whatever time I have? I wonder. It always happens. It's like I subconsciously know exactly how long anything and everything will take and my brain adjusts the necessary speed of my activity accordingly. Always happens. It's something to be marvelled at for sure, and to be extremely grateful for.

With that, I now need to transfer money to bring the future to the present moment and to make it past tense and done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely to see your thoughts.