Tuesday 6 July 2010

I am not superwoman

Today is one of those days where everything seems to tip me over the edge. Danas sam bila na rubu. I think this is how it's said. The slightest words of comfort or understanding and my eyes well up, so it has been a sunglasses day!

The grammar is hard for me and as this is the first two hours of every day, each day, for me, starts with something I feel cannot do. I find this very demoralising. I came home and studied until late last night, though I did have a wonderful with conversation with the exceptionally funny and kind man in my life, which definitely cheered me up.

I have to keep telling myself, firmly, that I must focus on my current objectives:

JULY
  • learn more Croatian (not all Croatian)
  • spend time with my aunt and my Mama
  • do things that keep me happy 
    • run from time to time and do yoga when I can
    • sleep enough and eat healthily
    • chat with the exceptionally funny and kind man in my life
    • read books and watch films in English or Croatian
AUGUST
  • apply for jobs (not necessarily find one immediately)
  • think of other ways to survive in case the job is not forthcoming immediately (when I return apply for temping jobs, and for grants and loans)
  • sort out all course related stuff
  • do things that make me happy (as above)
Anything else can be forgotten about for now. I am not superwoman and must stop trying to pretend I am.

1 comment:

  1. So I see you have got your mornings sorted for July and August.

    What are you planning on doing with your afternoons

    8-)

    ReplyDelete

Lovely to see your thoughts.