Wednesday 4 May 2011

Dwarf goats

Nigerian dwarf goats should ideally be 17-19 inches high (though what you do if they grow a bit taller or are stunted, I'm not sure). They're very friendly and make ideal pets and great 'visitor' animals in nursing homes and hospitals. I want one. They have blue eyes too, so it might be just like looking in a mirror. Or maybe when I'm old and have a beard.

I'd have to get a girl one maybe, because apparently the boy ones smell bad, unless they've had certain smelly parts of their anatomy removed. Of course.

I am reminded of my last visit to Kentish Town City Farm, where a very friendly and affectionate male goat rubbed his head against my coat. As I left, I could still smell the pungent scent of strong goat's cheese that he'd exuded, and it didn't take me long to figure out the source. Me. I smelled of goat's cheese. I think I'd been dating my boyfriend only two months or so by that point, but thankfully he was hugely amused and (apparently) not put off...once I'd taken all my clothes off and put them into the washing machine, that is!

I don't want a boy Nigerian dwarf goat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely to see your thoughts.