Tuesday 3 May 2011

We know who I'm talking about

I've been seeing so many updates and tweets rejoicing in his death and I get it, I really do, but for some reason it's been making me feel very uncomfortable. Not just the updates, but mentioning his name and the whole affair from start to finish makes me feel a very high level of discomfort. It wasn't until I saw a quote that a friend had posted, that I suddenly understood my discomfort. I fully resonate with these words and so wanted to share them with you. Hate and revenge never bring peace.

"I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that."

Please note that this quote has been widely circulated in recent days, though the original author is uncertain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely to see your thoughts.