Wednesday 22 June 2011

Summer solstice

Well yesterday was midsummer's day, on which I always feel a tinge of sadness, because I know the days are getting shorter again. My consolation is that they are also hopefully getting warmer.

Here, last night, at 11pm, I was surprised to see so much, to have so much light. This was my first summer solstice outside of London for about 11 years and the beauty was hidden from me there, perhaps the difference masked by the light pollution, or maybe masked by the city's pollution of my emotions. I found the sky last night to be strange and slightly surreal. A shade of blue/green/yellow - a colour I couldn't identify; I only know it was beautiful.

To be able to see so much so late in the evening was lovely. To be able to see so much is lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely to see your thoughts.