Tuesday 21 August 2012

Croatian English Croatian

When I got the coach from the airport the bus driver spoke to the guy in front of me (incidentally, the guy next to me on the plane) in English. He then looked at me. Opened his mouth and shut it. Looked at me again. Then he spoke to me in Croatian.

I'm not sure what it was. Maybe my slight tan and freckles from having been outdoors for four days camping and cycling - suggested I wasn't English. Maybe my confident attitude - suggested I'd been there before. Or maybe it was just because I was tired of waiting so, after putting my suitcase under the bus in the baggage bit, I walked up to the front of the queue and handed him my 100 kuna note.

Pushing to the front of the queue like a true Croat. I am very proud of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely to see your thoughts.