Tuesday 21 August 2012

Teta Tugica

The wardrobe door, when I opened it, reminded me of Narnia, except instead of Narnia, it was a world where my aunt was still alive. The scent of her clothes suddenly created a tiny chink that let through a glimmer of hope that she is still alive somewhere around the corner, waiting for me. Then, the scent overwhelmed me as I was hit with a whole range of micro emotions I can't even identify.

It's funny. Everything goes round in circles: grief, sadness and acceptance, until finally you get to a slightly heavy, gently sad place of knowing everything is as it is and life goes on even when life has gone. It's impossible to change how things are and true acceptance is one of the most wonderful gifts we have. This slightly heavy, gently sad place of knowing is still settling in my heart and it's okay. In among the weight is the dancing pleasure of having known her and knowing that I knew her soul, her humour and her love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely to see your thoughts.