Sunday 16 June 2013

Isn't life wonderful?

Amazingly, we have wifi. Though only at a special table near the main house.

I wanted to share our peace, after yesterday's minor trauma.

We arrived to find some pictures on our bed that almost had me in tears, drawn by our friend's daughters who stayed here a few weeks ago, welcoming us and wishing us a good stay. I was so touched!

It was hot, so we dipped in the pool before dinner, a late swim around 8pm, technically our son's first swim, and so refreshing.

We ate late last night at a local bar, full of extremely noisy but friendly locals. The waitress enacted various animal sounds and impressions to aid her spoken menu, her soft and gently enunciated accent causing us both trouble. For only 5 euro we had a light dinner of two tapas each - octopus salad, and a tuna pasta salad for me, with chicken thigh and chips, and a potato salad with garlic mayonnaise for the man, plus peach juice for two.

While it was hot in the yurt last night, it cooled quickly and we realised why we had sheets AND a duvet. Usually I hate pitch darkness, but last night it felt safe, as if I was held in the womb. The circular dark cosiness, with the weight of the duvet, muffled sounds of dogs barking and maybe even the odd owl. This morning we slept late, the darkness of the yurt keeping us asleep as long as we needed, until I slowly became aware of some belated roosters, still crowing now, the dogs still barking in the distance, birds singing, doves cooing and the occasional lamb bleating, along with incomprehensible Spanish voices and a tractor or two.

I sit at our breakfast table waiting for breakfast, in the early morning sun, my fleece taking the edge off a pleasant chill. We are awaiting toast with tomatoes, jam, ham, cheese and eggs, plus fruit salad and a teapot full of organic loose leaf tea, with, yes, soya milk for me!

I've attached photos of the views from our yurt, the bathroom window and of our little home for the next week. The shed is our shower, sink and composting toilet, the bark for which smells deliciously of strongly scented woods. I must ask what they are.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely to see your thoughts.