Thursday 20 June 2013

Little things

A big black sow wandered past our breakfast table yesterday. Jasmine, the neighbour's pet, is apparently very friendly, but she seemed more interested in snuffling out some delicacies for herself than making friends.

The dogs still bark, the birds sing and the roosters crow all day.

We had the additional tones of a local man driving around in circles shouting into his loudspeaker - melones, melones! Rich, sweet and fat! But obviously in his toothless Spanish accent, which I'm getting better at understanding. I'd say I'm up to about eighty percent now, at least, when I know the context, like in the caves we visited yesterday - a must for anyone into natural beauty, geology or cave paintings. Cuevas de la Piletas, I think they were called.

Anyway, off to continue my morning of reading and listening to cow bells, after chatting for a while to the lovely nutty French man who owns this place with his calm Irish wife.

Love to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely to see your thoughts.