Wednesday 21 May 2014

Breastfeeding

Once when I was in Waitrose, a helpful lady apologetically suggested I feed the boy sitting on the loo, as there was nowhere else to sit. To her credit, she agreed, once I'd asked, that I could feed him in the office next to the pharmacy. Part of the problem is that businesses don't all have dedicated spaces and individuals just don't think. It's not all intentional - it's just lack of thought, understanding or awareness. This is why we need to raise awareness and to help people to understand the reality and issues with trying to feed a baby. I have to say that most businesses I've been in have been fantastic (including Waitrose, once I'd made the suggestion), but it would be great for companies to have a policy on breastfeeding and to have given it some thought.

Anyway, these thoughts were prompted by this ad:

When nature calls

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely to see your thoughts.