Tuesday 27 May 2014

Small pleasures

Played with the boy in the bedroom after lunch and by 'playing' I mean I could barely keep my eyes open, so I let him play quietly on his own while I lay next to him. He was quite happy and I was peaceful. After about half an hour, he started squawking, so I fed him lying down and we both fell asleep. First time in ages he's napped without having to be in the sling.

I had a lovely half hour snooze and feel much better. He's now been down almost two hours, which is what he used to do a few months ago when I considered him a reasonable sleeper. Yay for his old sleeping habits returned.

It is amazing how 'myself' returns to me with even just a short break. I don't quite have the freedom to do what I want - I can't leave the house or make loud noises (which I do so love doing!) - but I can potter quietly, do the washing, do the dishes, do a spot of writing. I feel like an independent me again, as opposed to the mother of my son, the person who became part of another person eight months plus womb-time ago.

Now, if only the sun were shining...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely to see your thoughts.