Thursday 6 January 2011

Yawn

It's all a bit busy and it rained on me, but I did manage a very sweaty gym session in which I rediscovered how hardcore dance music makes me run faster and harder than gentle meditation music or mantra chanting. That was good. My face was bright red. I am deeply and terribly dull at the moment, I think, possibly even surburban. Actually, no, I retract that. I am not surburban. I don't know how to drive. And I live in a bright yellow flat with a guitar, an orange patterned bean bag, some plants, bikes, candles and a man who wears flares (yes they are) and has hair below his ears (in length, not a furry neck). Five of those items (though technically two of them are the same) are nothing to do with me, except that they belong to a man I chose.

Anyway, back to the dullness of my life (because of course that bit was so rock and roll), I've been getting incredibly excited by Skype emoticons, especially the (bandit) one, for some bizarre reason - I think he's such a little cutie! Skype in fact is making me rather happy generally. I had a conference call with all five of us siblings and my mother the other day, which was fabulous. It's amazing how much guilt can be caused by sending five lots of crying emoticons when someone 'threatens' to leave the chat. It's also very amusing to put said person on hold and randomly, say 10 minutes later, unhold them and shout their name. Especially if they happen to be mid-watching-scary-film. Joys of family. We also made up a new game - Skype-I-Spy. It was great. Well, I thought it was great anyway. Hilarious. Imagination goes wild, because you don't really know what the person spying is actually spying, being, in our case, not only in five different cities, but also spanning three different countries and three different time zones.

So it's now 22.14 and way past my bedtime, so I'm going to curl up with my electric blanket and have a mug of hot cocoa. Actually that was a lie. I'm having tea. Mmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely to see your thoughts.