Friday 2 April 2010

Clouds in my living room

Now why, whenever I try to write 'living room' does it always come out 'loving room' first time? Slip of the fingers, or more meaningful?

I was working on the roof terrace today, as usual. After a while I noticed the clouds descending and the temperature was cooler - tiny shorts and a t-shirt no longer warm enough. I was cold.

I headed back downstairs and saw, to my surprise, that the living room was full of cloud. A most peculiar experience. White cloud, cool and damp, filling the entire living room. I sit here now and, of course, the clouds have dissipated, but it is windy outside still. Cool and windy. We had a little rain today too - first for me since I left the UK.

I miss the dry heat of Thailand and my friend Kathy. I had hoped to visit her in Chiang Mai over Songkran, but it seems I can only get there via Bangkok and I'm not so sure about heading to that city right now. Maybe somewhere else in Thailand or maybe in a few months. I have Thai baht still. I have to go back sometime...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely to see your thoughts.